♦According to old concepts, people used to think, why to care for baby teeth/Milk teeth if they will fall off one day.
No! you are wrong ! If you have children, you most likely are aware of the importance of early detection and treatment of any type of dental condition. In fact, the earlier that we begin to see your child, the more comfortable he or she will feel when they visit our office.
♦ The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry & Indian Dental Association IDA Recommends…
Children should visit the dentist by their first birthday.
It is important that your child’s newly-erupted teeth (erupting at six and 12 months of age) receive proper dental care and benefit from proper oral hygiene habits right from the beginning.
♦ Years ago, no one believed that pediatric dentistry was even necessary – after all they’re not called “baby teeth” for nothing. However, today we at ‘Tapasya Oral Health Clinic’ know the importance of beginning proper oral health care as early as possible to prevent small problems from becoming larger and costlier ones.
At Tapasya Oral & Dental Clinic, we educate both you and your child about the importance of:
• Proper oral hygiene during pregnancy – for you and for your developing baby.
• Caring for baby teeth to foster good habits and to protect secondary teeth.
• Bringing in baby for a first dental visit and maintaining a proper oral hygiene schedule to prevent tooth decay from occurring in the first place.
• Addressing tooth decay, even in baby teeth.
• Fillings for baby teeth and the need for crowns, if required.
• Maintaining the space for a permanent tooth when a baby tooth falls out prematurely.
• Correcting any tooth that is chipped or broken.
• Special appliances that prevent your child from grinding his/her teeth while they sleep.
• Preventive orthodontics that can help to minimize the need for more extensive and costly future orthodontic care.
• Consulting an orthodontist when we determine that an orthodontist consult is necessary.
• How to have a pain free, no-stress dental experience that will keep your child comfortable and relaxed.
• We’re every bit as concerned about your child’s dental health as you are. Your teeth are meant to last a lifetime and we are committed to ensuring that they do, right from the time that your child’s first teeth appear!